How Do Movers Charge?
How Do Movers Charge
There are as many ways to charge as there are movers. How do movers charge? There are a few methods:
- charge per hour – you will pay for the amount of time a moving company works
- charge by weight and distance – you pay for the amount of goods you send and how far you send them
In most cases when you buy a box from a moving company and there may be additional charges for unique circumstances, like extra stairs or equipment to support your move.
The Majestic Approach
At Majestic Mountain Movers we understand that hidden charges or charges that are unclear can lead to poor move experience. Therefore, we charge based on things that are simple for you to verify and see. After your move we can compare what all have seen occur, and the charges relate to these verifiable items.
The Four Elements of Move
There are four verifiable elements of your move. They are:
- boxes and materials to pack your goods,
- size of crew to pack and load your goods and the time they spent doing it,
- distance the crews need to travel from our office to your originating location, then to your drop off location and back to our office,
- size of crew to unload your goods and the time they spent doing it.
Parts of Budget That Are Hard to Control
The distance between the place you are leaving and the place to which you are moving can’t be changed. The mileage from our office to the place you are leaving likewise cannot be changed. So the cost of transport is an amount than can be estimated early on and will be stable. If you do decide to add an additional pickup or dropoff the difference in price for these decisions can be mathematically calculated.
Controlling Your Budget
As 70% of our mountain homes are sold furnished, a large driver of your budget is how much you decide to take with you. This is often driven by the negotiation between buyer and seller, and what local consignment shops or donation agencies can take. The obvious rule of thumb is that the smaller the size of your total goods, the smaller your budget.
The second driver of budget will be the amount you are able to prepare and organize your move. One the high end of the budget spectrum you can ask us to simply “pack and take it all.” This will result in the largest budget as items spread throughout the house will need to be wrapped and boxed and carried to the truck. If you choose a large portion of your goods that are easy to pack and handle that yourself and have us pack breakables and wrap furniture, it will bring your budget down. If you pack everything and have it easily accessible on move day, the budget will be the smallest of all.
With the Majestic approach you can easily verify your charges based on the way we organize the move. You only have to look at:
- How many boxes did Majestic Mountain Movers bring and use?
- How many crew members were there for the load, when did they arrive and when did they leave?
- How many miles were driven has already been calculated and if the origin(s) and destination(s) were not changed there should be very little change.
- How many crew members were there for the unload, when did they arrive and when did they leave?
Looking at these four elements you can with clarity understand how Majestic Mountain Movers has charged.
See you on move day!